Control Assistant software provides powerful troubleshooting and maintenance tools for Woodward controls. Control Assistant provides the tools to perform advanced system diagnostics, adjustment management, and other functions.
Control Assistant is a suite of six powerful tools:
- Datalog Graph View— Provides a powerful graphical tool for viewing and analyzing dynamic control variable performance off-line. Millisecond time resolution, synchronized down to the software execution rates, gives exact clarity to dynamic control transients. Control Assistant’s graphical features complement lower-resolution trends from a traditional HMI, letting you solve problems quickly and get back on-line sooner. Use in conjunction with NetSim™ (Woodward’s simulation and modeling package) to analyze software timing during test and development to save time later.
- Graphing—Graphical viewing allows the plotting of variables versus time. Whether it is a control datalog, NetSim generated log, trend buffer file, or just a generic .CSV (Comma Delimited File), as well as other generic built-in data formats, any combination of variables may be viewed.
- Create X-Y plots; for example, speed vs. pressure.
- Apply calculations and filters to any variable or any combination of variables in the data set.
- Over-plot two or more data files for comparison, including time offsets to align events.
- Use crosshairs to analyze values and measure time deltas.
- Basic statistical data provided on each variable.
- Export data or data subsets to generic a .CSV format for other analysis, such as in a spreadsheet or injection into simulations for predicted analysis.
- Quick access to plots by saving script files for ease in re-opening a data subset from the same or other log files.
- Plot continuous datalogs or multiple files concurrently in time, stitching together the millisecond resolution data to a big picture over hours or more of operation.
- Data log Configuration—Add variables on the fly to the new MicroNet™ Plus datalog offline or directly by connection to the control and browsing the variable explorer
- Data Transfer—Backward compatibility support to include capturing a datalog transferred from the control through a serial or Ethernet connection.
- Tunable Maintenance Utility—Includes downloading, sorting, comparing vs. baseline, saving, and uploading new tunables to the control.
- Quickly identify changes from default.
- Download the tunable information from one control system and upload to another.
- Download tunables from two control systems and compare the difference.
- Back up current control settings for archiving, tracking, and comparing changes.
- Powerful verification of new and different tunables during a software upgrade.
- Copy to spreadsheet for further sorting or saving in a generic format.
- Custom Trending—Connect and browse the control variable explorer list to create custom trends for quick analysis of a specific problem that requires better resolution than an HMI but not as detailed as the datalog.
- Create trends of any control variable that does not exist on the fixed HMI list.
- Supports trigger-based events to permanently save trend buffers data and events to files.
- OPC—Connectivity and OPC Alarm and Events Viewing and Monitoring.
- Debugging—Connect and browse the control variable explorer list to adjust, tune, and monitor variables as well as check status and software revisions.
- Integrates Watch Window functionality into this one package.
- Save custom lists for quick recall that include multiple titled sub tabs for organization of groups by functionality or feature such as actuator stoke/calibration, speeds, or temperature.
- Software Downloading—Backward compatibility support for compiled HEX software application downloads to send new or restore programs to the control.