Next Generation Controllers: easYgen-3000XT Released
Woodward released the easYgen-3100XT and easYgen-3200XT products, the first units of the new easYgen-3000XT series of the next generation easYgen products. The easYgen-3000XT series of controllers operate electrical generator sets (gensets) of all sizes and applications. These applications can range from single stand-alone emergency backup power to parallel load sharing of multiple gensets in complex, segmented distribution systems with multiple utility feeds and tie breakers. The easYgen-3000XT series paralleling genset controllers provide exceptional versatility and value for OEM switchgear builders, generator packagers, and system integrators.
The new easYgen-3000XT series of controllers comes with enhanced hardware and software. The first release consists of a front panel mount controller (easYgen-3200XT) and a back panel mount controller (easYgen-3100XT) plus a touch screen interface and a front panel mount controller that operates down to -40˚C (easYgen-3200XT-LT). Both include specifically designed algorithms and logic to start, stop, control, and protect the genset, circuit breaker, and the utility where applicable. Simplified software makes for easy configuration while software flexibility allows for customization to match specific application requirements. Multiple communication protocols permit communications with a vast majority of engine controllers, external I/O, and PLCs. Modbus TCP, CANopen, SAE J1939, and Modbus RTU are all supported. This technology allows standardizing on a single, affordable genset controller for distributed power generation applications.
easYgen 3000XT benefits include:
- High Flexibility and Reduced Efforts for variants at different applications. One devise fits most applications
- Saves Cost of additional PLC as logical/analog operations can be handled by the control’s LogicsManagerTM / AnalogManagerTM
- High Robustness against external disturbances ensured by galvanic isolation of the measuring inputs, relay contacts, biasing outputs, and communication interfaces
- Simplified Configuration and Commissioning through Ethernet and USB connectivity, on-board documentation and system update function
- Drop-In Replacement extends system longevity
- Full Mains, Generator and Engine Protection eliminates the need for additional protection relays
- 14 Built-In Languages enable your genset to speak your local language at the touch of a button
The new RP-3000XT remote panel has also been released. This compact, dedicated display unit allows the user to view, adjust, and annunciate all the operating parameters of up to 32 new easYgenXT units, one at a time, from one central location.
easYgen RP-3000XT features include:
- Remote annunciation and remote controlof the easYgen-3000XT Series genset controls
- Password-protected remote configurationfor all parameter settings
- Ethernet communicationto genset control
- Generic remote panel
- One single part number is compatible to all part numbers of the easYgen-3000XT
- For every future iteration on the easYgen software the Remote Panel remains unchanged
- The RP-3000XT supports only the easYgen-3000XT controls, not easYgen-3000 controls
- Remote panel automatically detects all the connected easYgen-3000XT controls
- Does not require any easYgen-3000XT related configuration files
This announcement originally appeared in Woodward’s Industrial Controls Newsletter, April 2016.
- Older Post
- Newer Post