Drake Controls is looking for a committed startup and controls engineer wishing to join a dynamic team working primarily in Houston, or in Buena Park, California. Relocation packages available on request. The ideal candidate should have 5 years+ of experience in commissioning rotating equipment control systems (Turbines, Compressors, Expanders, Generators, etc.). Experience in Woodward controls products (2301, Peak 150, Woodward 505, MicroNet, EasyGen) is a definite advantage.
If you are interested in a company that respects its people, pays well, and offers exceptional benefits, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Install, configure, and commission Woodward control systems and software for industrial steam and gas turbines at the customer’s location.
- Prepare for a trip by studying drawings, schematics, manuals, software, and other pertinent information to determine the best solution and proper tools for system setup or problem resolution.
- Consult with customers, field service dispatchers, and peers to define the scope of work for projects.
- Use Woodward hardware and software to analyze malfunctions, configure systems, and tune/adjust dynamics.
- Instruct customers in operating and servicing Woodward equipment and associated scope of supply.
- Consult with engineering to resolve problems in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Prepare service/warranty reports and other relevant job-related paperwork for customers and internal distribution in a timely manner.
- Escalate product improvement opportunities and customer feedback to engineering and management.
- Ensure that open items remaining after returning from job site are properly communicated or handed-over to the appropriate parties.
- Work with field service dispatchers to define timeline and travel logistics.
- Periodically perform corrective and preventative maintenance of installed equipment.
- While in the office between field service assignments, the engineer will:
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Assist engineers with projects.
- Perform product testing.
- Attend project Kick Off and Lessons Learned meetings with engineering, sales, and customers.
- Industrial and isolated locations.
- The job mainly requires hands-on activities at customer locations, which may lead to exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust, extreme temperatures, heights, and other hazardous conditions.
- Travel required, both domestic and international.
- Must be able to travel on short notice.
- Irregular work hours and extra hours expected.
- Older Post
- Newer Post